New postage stamp issued for PRAGA 2018 exhibition.

Graphic designer: Freely adapted from the original drawing by the academic painter and graphic artist Dušan Kállay
The pneumatic post system in Prague was open to the public on 4 March 1899. Although the first route was built as early as 1887, it was used only to send telegrams from the Lesser Town with the main telegraph station Prague 10 to the main post office in Jindřiská street at Prague 1. On 4 March 1899, the system was extended to include an Old Town post office. The main purpose of the system was transportation of telegrams. A link to Prague Castle was built in 1920. In the 1990s, the system still used to transport about 9 thousand containers a month but the traffic gradually faded and the floods in 2002 resulted in its interim close-down.